Northern Illinois Synod Assembly 2017 IN-KIND OFFERING For 150 years, Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) has been a leader in child welfare services, and is one of the largest providers of foster care services in Illinois.
LSSI serves approximately 2,500 children each year; currently 558 of them in the Northern Illinois Synod through offices in Rock Island, Galesburg, Nachusa, and Rockford.
Often, children are unable to be placed in a home because of the simple absence of a smoke/carbon monoxide detector.
Your donation will help children in need of a safe and loving home to be placed quickly.
Gift cards take up little room in the small spaces of LSSI offices and can be used for:
- Awarding a child who has met a goal on their service plan
- Helping a foster family get prepared to take in a child
- Providing clothing and other necessities to a child when first being placed
- Purchasing items for projects and activities at group sessions and family therapy
- Providing a gas card to a family so they can get to necessary appointments
- Providing Birthday, Christmas and other gifts to children throughout the year
- Purchasing school supplies
- Taking a child or family out to eat for a special occasion
Suggested gift cards (in any amount):
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- Casey’s General Store
- Toys R Us
- Hy-Vee Grocery
- Schnucks Grocery
- Woodman’s Grocery
- Gas Cards (Shell, Mobil, Amoco)
BRING YOUR DONATIONS OF SMOKE/CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS AND GIFT CARDS TO SYNOD ASSEMBLY TO HELP LSSI CARE FOR THE CHILDREN OF THE NORTHERN IL SYNOD! –
Sponsored by the NIS Social Ministry Committee