Be ready when you log in with the information needed to enter your participants, but know that you will be able to go back in to update data as needed. In fact, one question I’ve been asked is:
Can I still add additional participants before the November “early-bird” deadline, if families change their mind and decide to send their youth?
There are some “Gathering Giveaways” or incentives, designed to get congregations to register early. So registering now helps you access those incentives, and as long as you still enter any additional participants before the November 15th price increase, you’ll get the same rate for the later entries.
Is Houston REALLY going to be ready for us?
Here’s a link to a locally written article about the recovery happening in Houston already http://www.pcmaconvene.org/places-spaces/destinations/houston-after-harvey/
What about housing? When will we know where we are housed?
A couple things:
- Synods will be housed together
- Registrants prior to November 15 have a better chance of being housed with their synod
- Housing assignments will be announced prior to the ELCA Youth Ministry Network Event, scheduled for Houston in late-January, IF you register before November 15.
- Housing is assigned by the Gathering Office, BUT…
- You secure your housing, the number of rooms, and who is assigned to what rooms, after you receive your assignment, by contacting the hotel directly with a credit card number to hold your rooms. (Don’t worry about this until assignments come out in late-January or early-February of next year.)