You are invited to the
2018 Northern Illinois Synod
led by the NIS Candidacy Sub-Committee
and Bishop Jeffrey Clements
at the Synod office, 103 W. State Street, Rockford, IL 61101
on Saturday, November 3 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.Click here to register
All those who have been Entranced into Candidacy, or who are close to their Entrance panel are STRONGLY encouraged to come to this retreat. Those who have completed the process or who are close to the end of the process have said that this time together is very helpful in their Candidacy journey. And, those who are discerning whether God is calling them to pursue Rostered Leadership in the ELCA are also encouraged to attend as part of their discernment.
- 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. Worship led by Bishop Jeffrey Clements
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Introductions and Conversation with the Bishop
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. Whole group time – Overview of the Candidacy Process led by the Candidacy Sub-Committee
- 1:45 – 2:45 p.m. Smaller group time – divided by stage in Candidacy process, led by the Candidacy Sub-Committee and others
- 2:50 – 3:00 p.m. Closing prayers
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Office remains open for informal conversations with Candidacy Sub-Committee members and the Staff Liaison; those who need to leave are free to do so.
This retreat is to be at no cost to Candidates and potential Candidates. Travel will be reimbursed (mileage and other travel expenses). Spouses and significant others are also welcome.
If you have any questions, please contact Deaconess Cheryl Erdmann, Synod Staff Liaison to the Candidacy Sub-Committee at email@example.com.