The Northern Illinois Synod Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America will hold their 27th Annual Convention on September 26, 2015 at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Rockford.
Theme: Let Justice Roll Like Water
Morning Message: Rev. Gary Erickson
Verse: Matthew 25:40 “just as you did it to one of the least of these…you did it to me.”
Location: Our Saviors Lutheran, 3300 Rural Street, Rockford, IL 61107
Registration Fee: $35.00
Registrations and Requests for Scholarships are due by August 26
Cost includes morning coffee w/ coffee cakes & fruit and lunch.
8:00am – Coffee and Registration
9:00am – Opening of Convention and Worship Service
Business Session: CWO Lois Bylund- Churchwide Representative Update
- Presenter Jeannie Burke on nutrition with representative of Bread for the World
- Interactive bible lesson from Tanzania by Sharon Wadle
- India update from Esther Prabhaker and Tanzania update by Ron and Deb Gustafson
- Faith Rooted Efforts and Services for Survivors of Trafficking by Dawnya Underwood of Lutheran Immigration Refugee Services
- Walk the Labyrinth with Three Stations Meditation
Download a Scholarship Form
- 50% Women of the ELCA
- 25% Tanzania Women North Central Conference
- 25% Arcot Women’s Desk/ Women’s Bible Study
Physical Offering – Remedies Renewing Lives/ Battered Women’s Shelter. Items needed most are new socks (all sizes; umbrellas; hair brushes; diapers (all sizes); coffee mugs.
Exhibits: Northern Illinois Synod Women’s Organization, Lutheran World Relief Fair Trade, Thrivent, Crafts from India and Tanzania, Lutheran Immigration Refugee Services, Lutheran Social Services, Lutheran Outdoor Ministries, Mission Investment, Another Child Foundation, Our Saviors WELCA
Questions, call or email Wallie Stewart at 815-963-1426 or firstname.lastname@example.org