This is an invitation for you to join in prayer each week with men throughout the church at noon on Wednesday… or when you are able. We are praying for revival/renewal for men. This includes the men in your life, for the support of ministry with men.
Luke 12:13-21: Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.” And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’ Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”‘ “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’ “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
Question(s): What problem did this man face? What was his solution? What is the lesson you take from this parable?
The purpose of these weekly encounters is to pray for renewal, and revival in the church- beginning with men. Let us be relentless in our prayer that this ministry will be one that supports that renewal/revival among men. Scriptures and questions are taken from the Master Builders Bible for Men.
Our prayer for all of us as leaders is that our spiritual vision would be so clear that we would see Jesus only (Matthew 17:8). To that end please pray for-
- Executive Director Doug Haugen, Administrative Coordinator Kimberley Moseley-Cannon, Discipling Consultant Kevin Burke, Emerging Ministries Consultant Kyle Pedersen and Director of Development Dale Nettnin.
- Rich White and the rest of the Lutheran Men in Mission board.
- The men in your life and beyond- that they might come to a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- Building Men for Christ leadership training and One Year to live retreats being planned in the months ahead.
- Our ministry through leadership development, Bible ministry, events and ministry with men of all ages.
- We give thanks and praise for our financial support- but we face a great challenge to grow even more! Please continue to pray that generous donors will continue to respond, so that this important ministry may continue to expand and grow.
On behalf of the leadership of Lutheran Men in Mission- thank you so much for your prayer support!
For every man to become a bold, daring follower of Jesus Christ