IMMEDIATE MUSICIAN OPENING:
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church (ELCA) in Woodridge, IL, is seeking a part-time musician (organ preferred, piano required) to support our Sunday Service and Adult Choir. This is a year-round position serving a small congregation in the Western Suburbs.
• Lead congregation with weekly hymns and service music for one (1) Sunday morning service at 10:00 a.m.
• Work closely with Adult Choir Director as rehearsal accompanist at Sunday morning practice (9:00-9:45 a.m.; September to May)
• Report to Pastor and Worship & Music Committee
• Provide music for special services—mid-week festival worship occasions, Christmas Eve, Community Thanksgiving Service, (Sunday evening preceding Thanksgiving Day), Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and an annual Healing Service
• Opportunities for income by playing funerals and weddings
Compensation and Benefits, General Information
• Salary: $11,500
• Four Sundays annually are provided as Paid Time Off
• Services are traditional in nature, utilizing the Evangelical Lutheran Worship and some contemporary anthems
• Position reports to the Pastor and Worship & Music Committee
• Opportunity to assist in selecting weekly service music is available
• Exceptional skills on organ (preferred) and piano (must-have).
• Ability to work well with Choir Director, Pastor and Church Council
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a church-related setting is preferred
• Degree in organ or piano performance preferred, but not required
Submit interest letter, resume and any supporting recordings/videos to Search Committee via Kate Loeffler (email@example.com)
or mail to
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
2600 – 75th Street
Woodridge, IL 60517