Find out all about the 2017 PLC at nisynod.org/plc
Last Minute Reminders for PLC
- Bring an instrument to participate in worship on Tuesday
- Bring an ELW for all worship services
- Sign up to participate in the Reformation Follies (talent show) laugh together.
- Review the schedule, housing information, free-time activities, and bread options on the PLC page.
- Plan to share your photos and experiences with #NISynodPLC17
- Travel safely!
Free time activities will include golfing, biking, hiking the trails and walking the labyrinth at Sinsinawa, and visiting sites in Galena or Dubuque. Sign-up sheets will be available at registration. Please bring your own sporting equipment and favorite games to share.
Monday “Planned” Free Time Activities:
In addition to the “self-initiated” activities, the following option is available on Monday during free time.
- 2:45 – 3:45 p.m. A Conversation with Caroline Lewis: “SHE Persisted: Unlocking the Power of Women in Ministry” Yes, all are welcome
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm – Just for fun – REFORMATION FOLLIES
For all of us who never got to American Idol or just enjoy acting out our inner performer, here is our chance! Entertain your fellow Rostered Ministers with a skit, song or even just an enjoyable group or individual act. (Cheryl Erdmann has already grabbed the Reformation Polka). Get a group of your friends, seminary classmates, first call group, etc., and show a side of yourself that no one ever knew you had! This one-hour activity will allow us to laugh together. Click here to sign up. First come, first served!
Tuesday “Planned” Free Time Activities
In addition to the “self-initiated” activities, the following options are available on Tuesday during free time.
- 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. – 10 minute chair massages sponsored by the Ministry Support committee –36 slots available – sign up online until Thursday, September 14 at midnight.
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. – Spiritual Practices Affinity Group gathering (Prs. Troy Hedrick and Twila Schock) – click the link to find out more
- 2:45 – 3:45 p.m. – Conversation with Jonathan Rundman
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Galena Trolley Tour: Meet at the Trolley Depot, 314 South Main Street, Galena. $16.00 per person. Sign up at the Registration Desk to indicate interest and arrange to share rides into Galena, if desired. Payment paid directly to Galena Trolley Tours, the operator, at the time of the tour. (Contact person, Russ Senti)