Hello, friends in Christ!
On behalf of the newly appointed Transition Team of the Northern Illinois Synod, I would like to let you know that it is our goal to communicate with you on a regular basis to let you know what is going on as we prepare for the election of a new Synodical Bishop at the 2016 Synod Assembly.
First of all, let me let you know who has agreed to serve on the Team:
- Mr. Bill Bartlett, Synod Vice-President
- Ms. Shirley Anderson, Synod Council member
- Pastor Marilyn Hanson, Synod Council member
- Pastor Troy Hedrick, retired pastor
- Pastor Don Knowles, Synod Council member, West Conference Dean
- Dr. Randy Mullin, MD, licensed interim pastor
- Ms. Nancy Oehlert, member of St. John’s, Sterling
- Pastor Nord Swanstrom, past Synod Council member, North Conference Dean
And, I am serving as the Synod Staff Liaison. Other Synod Staff members who serve as ex-officio members of the Team are Ms. Julie Lewis (recorder) and Ms. Karin Graddy (Communication Director).
Next, here are some dates that we invite you to “save”:
- Revised Synod Assembly 2016 dates: Thursday, June 16 – Saturday, June 18. Time and Schedule to be announced.
- Installation of New Bishop, by Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton – Saturday, September 24, 2016. Time and place to be announced
In addition to the Transition Team members listed above, we will also be seeking people who are interested in working in a specific area of the Transition. So far, we have identified the following four areas of focus for the Transition Team:
- Election of the new Bishop, including preparation for the Election
- Celebration of the years of ministry of Bishop Wollersheim
- Reception for the new Bishop after the election, at Synod Assembly
- Installation of and Reception for the new Bishop
The Transition Team’s next meeting is Wednesday, September 30.
Deaconess Cheryl A. Erdmann, AiM
Assistant to the Bishop