Join us in observing Vote Faithfully Sunday on November 6, 2016!
These are difficult and challenging times for our local communities, our country, and the world. Divisive and heated rhetoric dominate the public dialogue. More and more people are withdrawing from engagement in the political process out of a growing sense of cynicism and mistrust.
Now, more than ever, your voice and your efforts are needed.
As people of faith, we can play a unique role in this election cycle by empowering every voice in our congregations and offering a hope-filled vision of the future for all people.
We invite you to join with our ecumenical partners in observing the Sunday before election day as “Vote Faithfully Sunday.” This is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on our commitment to the common good, provide our members with the information they need to cast their ballot and prepare to vote as a community.
Download the Vote Faithfully Sunday Toolkit now!
This toolkit provides helpful, nonpartisan resources for engaging with your congregation and community before and on Election Day. You are welcome to use and adapt the materials here for use in any ecumenical setting.
Here are some ideas for action you will find resources for in the toolkit:
- Include Vote Faithfully Sunday prayers in your worship service;
- Collect Vote Faithfully commitment cards during offering;
- Set up a plan for providing rides to the polls or childcare during election hours;
- Give members voter protection information in your worship bulletin;
- Watch the Rev. Elizabeth Eaton, Presiding Bishop of the ELCA, give a message on the importance of voting; and
- Tell your friends and family that you #VoteFaithfully this election!
Don’t forget to visit ELCA.org/vote for #ELCAvotes resources, including bible studies and a discussion guide on voting rights and racial justice!