You are invited to the
2019 Northern Illinois Synod
led by the NIS Candidacy Sub-Committee
and Bishop Jeffrey Clements
at the Synod office, 103 W. State Street, Rockford, IL 61101
on Saturday, November 2 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.Click here to register
All those who have been Entranced into Candidacy and who are discerning their possible call to rostered ministry are STRONGLY encouraged to come to this retreat. Those who have completed the process or who are close to the end of the process have said that this time together is very helpful in their Candidacy journey.
- 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. Worship led by Bishop Jeffrey Clements
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Introductions and Conversation with the Bishop
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. Whole group time – Review and Overview of the candidacy process led by the Candidacy Sub-Committee; includes updates to the process and additional information on the process based on feedback from candidates and candidacy committees to the ELCA.
- 1:45 – 2:45 p.m. Smaller group time – by topic
- 2:50 – 3:00 p.m. Closing prayers
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Office remains open for informal conversations with Candidacy Sub-Committee members and the Staff Liaison; those who need to leave are free to do so.
This retreat is to be at no cost to candidates and potential candidates. Travel will be reimbursed (mileage and other travel expenses). Spouses and significant others are also welcome.
If you have any questions, please contact Deacon Cheryl Erdmann, Synod Staff Liaison to the Candidacy Sub-Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.