Bishop Jeffrey Clements has called for a partnership delegation to travel to Tanzania for the purposes of building and strengthening the Northern Illinois Synod’s long-standing companion relationship with the North Central Diocese (NCD) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
The delegation will participate in worship, visit hospitals and the Arusha Lutheran Medical Center School of Nursing, Plaster House and Peace House Secondary School. The travelers will visit Moringe Sokoine School, the MAASAE Lutheran Girls’ School, and MITEC, the newly established community college in Monduli.
The travelers leave on Friday, January 17 and arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport on Saturday evening, January 18. The travelers return to O’Hare International Airport on Friday, January 31. The delegation invites your prayers for:
- Bishop Solomon Massangwa and the NCD staff
- The parishes, pastors and evangelists of the NCD
- Daudi and Kellen Msseemmaa, ELCA representatives in East Africa
- Dr. Mark and Linda Jacobson
- The Arusha Lutheran Medical Center, Selian Hospital, and Orkesumet Hospital
- The ALMC School of Nursing
- Plaster House (children’s orthopedic rehabilitation center)
- The elementary and secondary schools of the diocese
- The staff and guests of the Corridor Springs Hotel
The delegation looks forward to planting seeds of partnership while in Tanzania from January 17-31.