This event has been postponed and a new date is being negotiated. Please watch for more information.
POSTPONED – NEW DATE TBA
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Faith, Rochelle (14206 E Flagg Rd., Rochelle)
Followed by a conversation with Bishop Clements and Affirmation of Vocation Worship for Rostered Ministers
Tending to Our Own Grief: Stewarding Our Sorrows faithfully amid Trying Times
Weariness in professional faith leaders can arise from a variety of factors, e.g., experiences of social and cultural polarization, the compassion fatigue that can attend ministries of accompaniment and care, as well as the sorrows and transitions of our own personal lives. Join your colleagues in the Northern Illinois Synod for a session that aims to provide space for analysis, conversation, and mutual support. The Rev. Dr. Kathleen (Kadi) Billman (John H. Tietjen Professor of Pastoral Ministry/ Director of MDiv and MA Programs and Coordinator for Candidacy at LSTC) will offer a keynote presentation, followed by options for structured conversation, and lead in harvesting the morning’s takeaways to mutually nurture collegial bonds and resilience in ministry.
- 9:00-9:30 am – Check-in
- 9:30–Noon – Tools for Tending to our own Grief with the Rev. Dr. Kadi Billman
- 12:00–12:30 – Lunch
- 12:30-1:20 – Conversation with the Bishop
- 1:20 – Special Photos*
- 1:45-3:15 – Worship with Affirmation of Vocation led by Bishop Clements
Fee (includes registration and lunch): $35 if registered by March 16, 2020, $50 March 17-31, 2020
Scholarships are available.
Register online using the form on this page or contact Synod Registrar Nancy Corey at email@example.com or 309-794-4004.
*Following the conversation with Bishop Clements and before the Affirmation of Vocation worship, three group photos will be taken:
- Female-identifying pastors are asked to wear an alb and a red stole for a group photo celebrating the 50th anniversary of the ordination of women.
- Next, all deacons are invited to gather for a group photo. Deacons will not vest for the photo.
- Finally, we’ll take a photo of all NIS rostered ministers, pastors, deacons, interns, collaborate learning students, and SAMs together. Pastors are encouraged to wear clerical collars for this photo.