November 2, 2019 from 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Faith Lutheran Church
14206 Flagg Road
Rochelle, IL 61068
Thomas Hammar, CPA
Molly Hammar-Shattuck, Staff Accountant
and by webcam, Richard Hammar, Attorney, CPA, & Author
Registration will be available by October 1.
Past topics have included
- Moving Expenses – Personal or Business?
- Tax Forms – Employee & Employer
- Fringe Benefits Taxation
- Tax Law Changes for 2018
- Churches and Sales Tax
- Unrelated Business Income
- What Gifts are NOT tax-deductible?
- Substantiating Donations
- Accountable Reimbursement Policy
- Recordkeeping and Retention Rules
- Budgeting Best Practices
- Onboarding Employees
- Using Technology Wisely
- Risk Management
- Financial Reporting
- Selling Church Property – How is it taxed?
- Church Rentals – Building, Parsonage, etc – the Dos and Don’ts
- Best Practices Every Church Needs to Consider
- Update by Richard Hammar
If you have specific topics that you would like discussed; please email June Cain, Synod Bookkeeper at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Opening Prayer, Rev. Gary Erickson
- 9:10 – 12:00 p.m. Presentation, Molly Hammar-Shattuck, Staff Accountant, Thomas Hammar, CPA, and Richard Hammar, Attorney, CPA & Author
- 12:00 p.m. Noon Meal (Sorry, no provision can be made for special dietary needs.)
- 12:45 – 1:45 p.m. Questions & Answers
- 2:00 p.m. Adjournment
Registration will be available by October 1
Registration is not complete until payment is received.