Applications for the ELCA’s Young Adults in Global Mission (YAGM) program are now open, and you can invite young adults on this yearlong journey abroad.
If you know young adults age 21 to 29, this is the time to reach out. Encourage them to apply for YAGM by the priority deadline of Jan. 15, 2020. Talk to them personally about what this opportunity will mean for their faith, identity, career and understanding of God’s work in the world. You can also print out this poster to display in your congregation or ministry space.
Through YAGM, young adults will learn what it means to serve in a spirit of accompaniment as they walk alongside global church companions. They’ll become immersed in a new community and form deep relationships. And they’ll confront issues of wealth and poverty, racial privilege, gender privilege, economic disparity and globalization, all through the lens of faith. Learn more at ELCA.org/YAGM.
Volunteers will be placed in one of ten country programs:
- Argentina and Uruguay
- Central Europe
- Jerusalem and the West Bank
- United Kingdom
Young adults will find relevant opportunities for professional experience, including:
- Health and human rights: health care, HIV and AIDS, homelessness, immigration and refugees
- Education: fine arts, youth education, childhood education, working with people with disabilities or who are differently-abled
- Environmental justice: agriculture and farming, development, environment
- Professional support: office work, communication, technology, finance
- Congregational ministry: children’s ministry, Christian education, youth ministry, congregational ministry, camp ministry
Around the world, host families, churches, workplaces, and communities are ready to welcome YAGM volunteers.
Don’t wait — spread the word now! The priority deadline is Jan. 15, 2020. Applications will be open until Feb. 15, 2020.