Administrative Assistant/Synod Registrar (position is co-terminus with the election of bishop)
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Significant organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent understanding of the ELCA Lutheran identity
- Bachelor’s Degree (desired but not required)
- High level of competency in using office equipment and excellent computer skills
- High level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software as well as utilizing Microsoft Teams
- High level of competency in Zoom
- Knowledge of Tithe.ly and Elvanto desired
- Experience in digital file management desired
- Able to lift and transfer a full file box
Augustana College Campus in Rock Island
Position Compensation and Benefits:
- This is an exempt salaried position.
- Office hours are normally 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and at other such times and hours as needed.
- Health, Disability, Life Insurance for the employee- premium fully funded by the Northern Illinois Synod. FSA and HSA available
- Pension-12% funded
- Flexible Time Off accrual
- 11 Holidays Off
The Northern Illinois Synod is a nonprofit religious organization and part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).