Chairperson: The Rev. Jacob Gawlik
Staff Liaison: The Rev. Dr. Denver Bitner
Our Mission/Purpose is:
to inspire and encourage the people of the congregations and communities of the Northern Illinois Synod to care for those in need, serve our neighbors, seek justice and righteousness for all people.
Our current goals are:
- To encourage love of neighbor by awarding grant money to congregations and organizations of the synod that serve their local neighbors in need.
- To educate and inspire members of the Northern Illinois Synod through workshops and forums presented at the Congregational Resourcing Event and the Synod Assembly.
- To oversee and support the work of the related subcommittees and task forces (see description, below).
- To promote advocacy for the most vulnerable in society at the state and national level.
- To review and promote discussion of ELCA social statements and synod resolutions.